Friday, November 18, 2011

Week 3 day 4

Well, I've been procrastinating blogging. I just got caught up in life the first couple of days, and then I just keep thinking that I had to catch up on my blog, and that seemed like a too difficult of a task to do. But, here I am. So, let's get up to speed:
Tuesday, I didn't do my muscle boot camp class. I didn't really do any working out that day. Which is probably why I didn't blog that day. I just had a hard time getting up .... I don't know why. Wednesday was the same. Just too hard to get up. So, we all went to the gym later in the day. They have a kids Zumba class on Wednesday afternoons and Kelli loves it. So, while she was in her class, the boys were in their child care, Jim played racquetball and I ran. I pushed myself to do 2 miles, but really wanted to do 4. I was bummed that I didn't do more. But then I ended up playing racquetball with Jim. There was no one else for him to play, and he asked if I would be willing to hit the ball with him. There's some history there ..... he tried to teach me about 15 years ago. He was really hard on me, and I'm not very athletic. I gave up. But I decided that I'd play for a bit. I ended up being much better than I was way back when. Jim seemed kind of impressed with some of my hits. He gave me some pointers and I really focused on my stance, and my follow through. I played for about 20 minutes, and MAN! What a workout!! Thursday, I actually got out of bed at 5, but I didn't want to do the R.I.P.P.E.D. class. Since I hadn't really done a lot of running this week, I felt I needed to run. I did 3.5 miles yesterday in 36 minutes. Not too bad! And then today, I didn't go to the gym early because my mom asked if we could wait until later in the morning as she wasn't feeling well. We went at about 9-ish, brought the kids with us and put them in child care. Friday is my "speed" day, only 2 miles, but increased speed. I didn't want to make the same mistake I did last week, starting out really fast. So, I started running a bit faster than I normally would. I completed the first mile and looked at my stopwatch. 9 minutes and 45 seconds!!! Woah!! I was tired, and knew that I was running fast, but I expected 10 minutes. So, I kept up my speed and did the whole 2 miles in 19.5 minutes. I was so excited!! After my run, I went and got the kids and took them to their play center. It's kind of like a McDonald's playplace on steroids. Except, even better! Anyway, Jesse was crawling around in those tube things way up high and he couldn't get down. So, I crawled up there and helped him get through to the slide. That is a SERIOUS workout! The tubes are too small for me to stand up straight, and my knees hurt from crawling, so I hunched down and walked, climbed, slid ..... my thighs were SCREAMING at me by the time I got down! It was hard, but FUN! LOL

My diet still leaves a lot to be desired. However, I have been doing really well at eating one serving, and trying to make sure I get enough carbs. I just need to try to stay away from chips, and sugar!

Tomorrow is my long run day. I'll do 4.5 miles in the morning. I'm kind of nervous, because the only time I've done more than 4 miles was at my 10k.

No comments:

Post a Comment