Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Week 4, Day 3

OK, so I haven't been doing well with blogging every day, but at least I'm doing it more often than I have done in the past. My weight this week was the same, but I've really slacked off on my training and, even though I'm doing better with my diet, I'm not where I need to be. I just feel lucky I didn't GAIN weight!

I didn't run Saturday, Monday nor did I run yesterday. Ugh. I was supposed to be up to 4.5 miles on Saturday. Since I haven't been running, I went to the gym thinking that I'll probably just do 3 miles. But after the 3 miles, I knew I could go the entire 4.5, and I did. As a matter of fact, I believe I could have gone all the way to 5! So .... when I do my long run on Saturday, I'm going to do 5, for sure. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, but the gym is open from 6 to 11 in the morning, so I'm going at 6 to do a short run (3 miles). and then do my fast 2 mile run on Friday.

For Thanksgiving, my goal is to give myself small portions (except for the salad. gotta have a big one!), not go back for seconds, and not have any dessert. I'm cooking the entire meal, and since my family is really fired up about a traditional dinner, that's what I'll give them, with some extra healthy stuff mixed in. Hopefully, I can slowly wean them to a more healthy dinner by next year. I think I can be sneaky that way =)

I have a note posted on my bathroom mirror that says
HALF MARATHON
(13.1 miles)
APRIL 21, 2012
2 1/2 HOURS

It's been a good motivator for me, but I'm considering changing it to 2 hours and 15 minutes, because I think I can do that. But I don't want to focus on my time for my first half ..... like I should focus more on finishing (which I have NO doubt that I will!). Any thoughts from anyone out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment